Fudgy (Healthy) Brownie
Guaranteed to be the most delicious (and healthy!) brownie you have ever tried!
- 2 cups cooked black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large chia seed eggs (2.5 T chia meal + 6 T water)
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup almond or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (vegan)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan with coconut oil.
- 3. Prepare chia egg by combining chia and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let rest for a few minutes.
- 4. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
- 5. If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- 6. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- 7. Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- 8. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist – that’s the point. Plus, they’re vegan so it doesn’t really matter.
- 10. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.
Jolene Goring – International Health Expert https://jolenegoring.com/