Vegan Cauliflower Pizza
This decadent and delicious pizza has none of the bad stuff, is super easy to make (oh yeah – and totally healthy too!!)
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup almond / quinoa / kamut flour
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, or your favorite sauce (ie: pesto, marinara, garlic aioli)
- pinch of salt
- Marinara sauce
- Daiya (vegan) cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly rub avocado or coconut oil on the parchment paper to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Combine the ground flax seed and water and set aside for 4-5 minutes.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and pulse in the food processor until the cauliflower looks like couscous or small grains of rice. Do not over process!
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well to combine; the mixture will be wet. Add more water if the mixture appears dry. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out evenly over the surface. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Place ingredients on crust, then bake at 450 until cheese melts, approximately 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
Adapted from Beard & Bonnet
Jolene Goring – International Health Expert http://jolenegoring.com/