Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Soup
By using flavorful ingredients, like roasted red bell peppers and white bean hummus, this soup tastes like you slaved over it all afternoon– but really takes less than 20 minutes to throw together. This recipe is a great way to soupfit some quinoa into your diet. Quinoa is a protein-packed seed that is considered a “super food”. It’s s a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids, and is gluten free.
Write a review
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup white bean hummus
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup protein (shredded rotisserie chicken, cubed tofu, diced ham)
- dash salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1. Take 1/4 cup of the roasted red peppers, slice into strips and set aside.
- 2. Place the remaining red peppers in a blender along with the hummus and stock. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa and protein. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the slices of red pepper and chopped parsley.
- Nutritional Analysis: One Serving equals: 248 calories, 11g fat, 644mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 20g protein
Jolene Goring – International Health Expert http://jolenegoring.com/