Bulletproof Coffee 101
What is bulletproof coffee? You’ve likely heard of bulletproof coffee – in the last couple of years it has gotten pretty popular thanks to the fact that it is awesome! Here are some of the benefits: (note: scroll down to the bottom of this post if you just want the recipe!)
- It tastes great
- It keeps you full for a LONG time
- It’s easy to make
- Helps with mental clarity
- Teaches your body to burn fat.
We can thank Dave Asprey from www.bulletproofexec.com for creating this concoction – I’m a big fan of all of the biohacks that he does, and hands down my fave is Bulletproof coffee!
When I drink bulletproof coffee at around 7-7:30 am, I don’t feel hungry until somewhere between 11am and noon. And even then it’s just a mild hunger. Try it – feels great if you’re one of those people like me that is almost always hungry!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 TBSP grass fed unsalted butter (any dairy products that I use – I choose organic)
- 1 TBSP brain octane oil (you can use regular coconut oil instead, but the brain octane will keep you fuller longer)
- 2 c hot coffee (I like to use a French press, and I fresh grind my coffee beans each morning. Feel free to use any coffee method that you prefer!)
Put all ingredients in a blender, turn on high for a couple of sessions and then it will look like this – the creamy latte froth is from the butter!
Enjoy as is, or top off with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk (my fave!)
Note: I use a vitamix blender, which has a loose covered opening on the top to let the steam out when blending hot beverages. Be careful with the steam, depending which type of blender you use!