Here are the top 5 essential foods for when you want to shed a couple pounds, have more energy, and improve your health. Keep these in your kitchen at all times!
1. Good quality protein shake – replace one meal daily with the shake to get rid of extra holiday pounds and bloat. A bonus is that the protein will keep you full longer, and the amino acids in protein actually help your skin to look younger!
2. Fiber! You should get at LEAST 25g of fiber per day, most Americans get less than 15g daily. Try: Flax, chia seeds, even natural fiber supplements. This helps to clean our your insides (picture a soft scrub brush), and get rid of the effects of any indulgences.
3. Green Veggies – these help to detox and cleanse your body, along with providing lots of fiber and nutrients. The more the better! Try to eat at least 3 cups daily.
4. Coconut Anything! – coconut is a medium chain fatty acid, which means that it gives the body energy, but it won’t get stored as fat. It is also anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal which is perfect for the flu season protection.
5. Water – aim to drink half your bodyweight in ounces in water. Ie: if you weigh 100lbs, drink 50oz of water. This helps to flush toxins from your body, will help you to feel fuller, and also to hydrate your body from the inside out (think anti-aging!).
What are some healthy essentials that you keep in your kitchen? Leave a comment below!